Posted on April 2, 2018
Marketing and advertising sound very complicated especially to dentists that are more focused on helping patients out. Some people may even think that these two methods are really expensive. Actually they really are expensive if you resort to TV advertisements and other outdoor methods. Plus a lot of companies including dentist clinics are actively using these methods because they continue to work even prior to the Internet. But now that the Internet has gone mainstream, so many Internet marketers are trying to capitalize by utilizing easy and cheap methods to promote their business. Dentists should catch on with this also because not many dentists are actively promoting. Know these easy and cheap ways to boost your dentist business to stay ahead of the competition.
Place your Dentist Business on the Map
Search engines used to be the source of all information, but when it comes to local information and places, map services are available like Google Maps. Putting your business on Google Maps is easy and they allow a free listing along with free updates as well as free insights. There is a pretty comprehensive tutorial presented that teaches you so that your business is searchable and the location is traced.
You might be thinking that classified ads may not be worth the effort since it limits you to a certain group of people. Actually exposing ads to a certain group of people isn’t so bad considering the easy effort that needs to be done. To offset this, you can post multiple ads in multiple advertisement sites to boost effectiveness. For even better performance, you can purchase advertisements for a small fee and get even better exposure. Do this only when you’ve mastered the basics in advertising. Regardless of the method, most classified ads get index so technically they can search engine traffic as well.
Forums are communities where people can exchange ideas on a number of topics depending on the theme of the board. Dentist forums could be rare, but you can also advertise in health forums as long as their rules are not against it. Just register, fill up your small profile and add a link to your website on your signature and you might squeeze in some extra hits.
Have you ever had this moment where you wanted to make a commercial for your dental business, but couldn’t? It is now possible thanks to video marketing because with the help of a webcam, you can record videos of yourself explaining the positive things about your dental clinic. To see is to believe for a lot of people and these people often feel more comfortable reading public content. Even if you don’t have videos to upload, you can always create some cool slide shows via online tools with audio in the background to make your business and website more attractive.
Many of these methods are surprisingly free while the others are cheap and exceptional. Try out each of the method and stick to the one you like until you are ready for another category.
Posted on March 16, 2018
Many people who have missing teeth are interested in the new dental implantation procedures. Implants are titanium rods that are surgically placed beside the jawbone of the patients. A small portion of this titanium piece sticks out above the gum line. The natural jawbone will fuse with, or grow over the section of the rod that is pressed against it. This causes the rod to be securely held in place. On the small portion of titanium that sticks above the gum line a replacement tooth is placed. These replacement teeth do not move around, they are cleaned like natural teeth are, and most people never realize that they are not the permanent teeth of the person wearing them.
These false teeth cost a good deal more than the traditional dentures cost. A large number of people are uncertain whether the extra cost is justified, and for some people that know the product is worth the cost, there is still an issue of being able to afford the procedure. For these people an affordable dental implants dentist would make it possible for them to get the false teeth.
An affordable dental implants dentist would be able to save people a lot of money when they have the procedure done, but how does a patient know if the affordable dental implants dentist they have found is a quality dental implant dentist. You do not want to sacrifice quality for a reduced price when it comes to something as important as your health.
A few things that will let you know if you are dealing with a quality dental implant dentist are:
• The amount of time the dentist has been working with these types of tooth replacement procedures. You probably do not want to go to a brand new dentist that has never done this type of work unless they are being supervised by an older, more experienced dentist.
• During the consultation visit the dentist should inform you that not everyone is a good candidate for this procedure. They should do a thorough check of your gums for disease, and they should schedule you for further testing that will help them determine the amount of bone you have to place the titanium rod next to
• The quality dental care providers will spend time with their patients trying to discover if the patient is a good candidate for the procedure. A quality dental care provider will want to know about your lifestyle, and your health before they recommend one procedure over another. A dentist does not just treat the teeth, they treat the whole patient.
• The quality dental care providers will be able to answer all of your questions about the procedure, and they will try to help you understand everything that will happen before you agree to get the work done to your mouth
A good dental care provider is caring, compassionate, easy to talk to, and not in a hurry. If the dental professional you are seeing seems to be in a hurry to see you and get on to their next patient it is recommended that you find another dental clinic to get your work done at.
Posted on February 11, 2018
Many people develop a fear of dentists early in their lives. This could be due to a combination of factors, such as wrong diagnosis, poor pain and discomfort management, embarrassment over teeth and mouth conditions, and previous negative experiences among others. A recent survey shows that 9 to 15% of Americans avoid seeing their dentist due to these fears and anxiety.
This means many families suffer silently while dental services today have advanced tremendously. Without proper oral care, you are exposing yourself to the risk of gum disease, tooth loss, poor dietary habits among other related health problems.
Sedation Dentistry to Overcome Anxiety
If you or someone close to you is suffering from dentophobia, it is high time you tried a whole new dental experience through sedation dentistry. This is a Godsend for anyone with an extreme fear of oral care professionals. To appreciate the importance of this approach in medical care, you need to appreciate how it works.
In the simplest form, you doctor will use sedatives to help you relax and reduce patina and discomfort during the procedure. The sedatives can be administered in different forms;
- Oral: A pill is given to promote a high level of relaxation.
- Gas: This helps you to relax throughout the procedure although you will still be conscious.
- Intravenous: A sedative is administered through the veins into the blood.
Benefits of Sedatives in Dentistry
The advantages of using sedatives are enjoyed by both the patient and the doctor and they include:
- Quicker procedure because the doctor is able to focus solely on the affected area as the patient lies calmly. More work is done in one sitting as opposed to numerous visits.
- No fear and anxiety: The entire procedure goes on smoothly for the patient without any accompanying fears and anxiety.
- Pain-free treatment: The mouth is one of the most sensitive body parts and no one enjoys sharp objects prodding inside. With sedation dentistry, you are assured of a pain-free experience, which is what everyone wants.
- No painful memories: One major reason many adults suffer oral problems is the fact that they avoid dentists like the plague. This is understandable in cases where painful memories are involved. Luckily, your family doesn’t have to go through such horrendous situations because advances in dentistry will create only pleasant memories.
- More effectiveness: It is possible to talk to your dentist even when under sedation and this can lead to better outcomes of the treatment procedure.
Still worried about your next dental visit? You need not be; with this advanced procedure, you will have a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment without any accompanying pain and discomfort.